Wednesday, February 10, 2016

DIY - The real me and ME

Yesterday I painted the bathroom ceiling!  It's only a tiny room, like most modern bathrooms.
DH put the stepladder in place for me. I rested all morning, then worked my way across the ceiling, being careful not to stretch too far or move too fast. I moved the stepladder slowly, eased the massive tub of paint gently from one spot to another. I stopped twice for a cup of tea and a rest. I was glad when I'd finished, and quite tired, but properly tired  - rather than simply exhausted. I have a great sense of satisfaction in my achievement; I felt like a real person again.
Today is a sofa day, so that tomorrow hopefully doesn't confine me in under the covers.
Even though I have ME - the real me is still in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment